This kriya energizes you and helps purify the mind and body. It is an excellent kriya to prepare yourself before giving a healing, relaxing massage to someone. If you are a professional massage therapist, it can help you sustain your energy and prevent you from getting drained. The exercise sequence guides energy up along the spine, opens the chakras and then expands the aura.
Exercise 1 will raise the sexual and digestive energies of the body. Exercise 2 takes energy past the Diaphragm Lock and opens the lungs and Throat Center. Exercise 3 opens the heart and the central channel of the spine, Exercises 4 and 5 increase healing power in the hands, circulation to the upper body, and steadiness of concentration.
1. Stand up. Extend one leg back as far as you can with the top of the foot on the ground; the opposite knee bends until the thigh is almost parallel with the ground. Most of the pressure will be on the bent leg. Put the palms together at the center of the chest. Focus at the Brow Point. In this position, take three deep breaths, holding the inhalation for about 8 seconds each time. Come back to standing and switch to the opposite leg and take three deep breaths on this side, holding the inhalation for about 8 seconds each time. Repeat twice more on each side.
2. Sit in Easy Pose. Place the hands on the hips. Lift the diaphragm high. Raise both shoulders as high as possible. Inhale and exhale very deeply while holding this posture. Continue 2-3 minutes.
3. Sit in Easy Pose, and bring the hands into Bear Grip (hook the fingers together at the center of the chest) with the right palm facing down. Forearms and elbows are parallel to the ground. Inhale deeply. Exhale forcefully and completely and apply mulbandh. Inhale and hold the breath, apply mulbandh and mentally raise the pranic energy from the base of the spine to the crown. Continue this breath cycle for 3 minutes.
4. Sit in Easy Pose, Extend the arms out the sides, parallel to the ground. Press the palms out with the fingers pointing up. Roll the eyes up and focus at the Brow Point. Inhale deeply-hold the breath while applying a firm mulbandh for 20 seconds. Then exhale and repeat. Continue for 2-3 minutes.
5. In Easy Pose, press the palms together-about 2-3 inches in front of the chest-with the fingers pointing up. Pull the spine straight. Press with 30-50 pounds of pressure. Hold the position for 2 minutes. Then relax.
© 3HO. This kriya is courtesy of YB Teachings, LLC. Used with permission.
From Sadhana Guidelines available through KRI.